Monday, March 7, 2011

Notes from Day One

The race started on 6 March, 2011 at 8 am.






Above, is a video of the Start line.


Sumanth completed stage two in 7 hours, 12 minutes and 32 seconds.


From the news updates of the day on the Atacama Crossing website -



Sumanth Cidambi of India crossed the line in 76th place at 15:14:26. He had this to say about his day's performance: "I am very happy. Exlcuding the time that I rested, it took me 7 hours and 40 minutes to complete the course. This is my first event so I'm really happy with that. I've learned a lot today. Not to outpace myself. I will probably go slower tomorrow. I knew this wasn't an easy course, but the only part that I felt mentally down was between checkpoints 2 and 3. There was an incline in the canyons and there was no flowing air. I thought of my son and wife and I said, Just go for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment